Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Beauty That Surrounds Us

Ok, so awhile back after visiting upstate New York and seeing the beauty in the trees, the lush landscape, the farms and so much more, I fell in love. Although after talking to people there I realized they did not view it the same as I did. I was a pair of fresh eyes in a place I had never seen.
I then started to wonder. Living in Arizona I often started to think of it as just desert, hot, dusty and dirt. I wondered what others thought. After asking some other people who had only been here for a short time I began to look at the state I call home a new way. We have beautiful mountains and the fact that we don't have the mass amount of trees leads to a very open and blue sky feeling. And the sunsets, the sunsets we have are amazing. I have started taking images of our sunsets a couple times a week for the last month.
Well tonight I was inside cooking when my dear husband started rapping on the window telling me I better grab my camera and get outside quick. (The sunsets do pass quickly at times) I went outside to find the most amazing sky before me. The sky looked like colorful ocean waves to me that swept across the whole sky.
I quickly started taking pictures before I realized the image was missing something..someone. My husband quickly helped my son up onto our roof so I could capture him among the beautiful sky.
Well he wasn't too fond of being up there at the moment so I wasn't able to capture him standing but I still think it came out pretty neat. Now though he keeps wanting to go back up (of course after the skies color had passed)

So a bit of a lesson here. Stop take a look around you and your surroundings, take time to find the beauty that surrounds you.



*No enhancing needed. This is the sky that appeared before me.

1 comment:

Melissa Koehler said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! amazing Leah! absolutely gorgeous